- A lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
From the greek word ἀπάθεια (apatheia), from ἀ- (a-) + παθέω (patheo) meaning "to suffer".
- The apathy of the citizens towards the political situation is alarming.
- He was filled with apathy and didn't care about anything.
- The word "apathy" comes from the Greek word ἀπάθεια (apatheia), which means "lack of feeling".
- The apathy of the students towards their studies was obvious in the classroom.
- The apathy towards the environment is slowly leading to its destruction.