An alcoholic drink taken before a meal as an appetite stimulant.
From the french aperitif, from latin aperire, meaning "to open" referring to opening the appetite before a meal.
- The traditional aperitif in France is a glass of dry white wine or Champagne.
- Aperol Spritz is a popular aperitif in Italy.
- The aperitif was served with a selection of olives and cheese.
- The bartender recommended a light aperitif before the meal to open up our taste buds.
- The aperitif is a perfect way to start a dinner party or a special occasion.
Some random words: attributable, latte, piny