- A place where bees are kept, typically a collection of hives.
- A collection of hives or a place where bees are kept for their honey.
Mid 16th century: from latin apis "bee" + -ary.
- I've got a small apiary in my backyard where I keep a few hives of bees.
- The apiary was buzzing with activity as the bees went about their work.
- The honey from the apiary was of the highest quality.
- The apiary was a source of income for the farmer.
- The apiary was situated in the middle of a large flower garden.