- Relating to or resembling the end of the world, especially as described in the biblical book of Revelation.
- Relating to a catastrophic event, especially one causing widespread destruction or upheaval.
Late 17th century: from greek apokalyptikos, from apokalyptein "uncover, reveal", from apo- "un-" + kalyptein "cover".
- The movie depicts an apocalyptic future where the world has been destroyed by a deadly virus.
- The apocalyptic scene was filled with rubble, burning buildings and screaming people.
- Many religious sects believe that the end of the world will come about through an apocalyptic event.
- The apocalyptic landscape was a result of a massive meteor strike that had wiped out most of the planet.
- The apocalyptic vision of the future was enough to convince him that immediate action was necessary.
Some random words: yesterday, airbrush, microscopic