- Feeling or expressing remorse for a fault or offense.
- Feeling or expressing regret or remorse for something done or said.
From the greek word ἀπολογία (apologia) meaning "a defense" + -ic suffix meaning "of the nature of".
- He was apologetic for his behavior at the meeting.
- The word "apologetic" comes from the Greek word ἀπολογία (apologia) meaning "a defense".
- She was apologetic for her mistake and apologized to her friend.
- He gave an apologetic look and said sorry.
- The apologetic tone in his voice was evident.