A set of tools or equipment designed for a particular purpose or task.
Derived from latin word 'apparatus' meaning 'equipment or machinery'.
- The firefighting apparatus included a fire truck, hose, and other equipment necessary to put out fires.
- The apparatus used in the chemistry lab consisted of beakers, test tubes, and a Bunsen burner.
- The apparatus used to measure earthquakes is called a seismometer.
- The apparatus for the gymnastics competition included balance beams, uneven bars, and a vault.
- In order to perform the experiment, the scientist assembled the apparatus and followed the procedure.