- A ghost or ghostly figure, especially one that suddenly appears.
- An unexpected or unusual sight, especially one that appears suddenly or unexpectedly.
From the latin word apparitio, from apparere meaning "to appear".
- Many people reported seeing an apparition of a woman in a white dress at the abandoned house.
- The word "apparition" comes from the Latin word apparitio, from apparere meaning "to appear".
- The apparition was gone as quickly as it appeared.
- He saw an apparition of a man in a suit, standing in the corner of his room.
- The apparition of the comet in the sky was a rare sight.
Some random words: proliferate, centralism, overblown