- The way that something or someone looks, especially when seen for the first time.
- The way that something or someone seems to be, especially when this is different from the reality.
- An act of appearing or becoming visible.
Middle english: from old french aparance, from latin apparentia, from apparere "appear".
- The dress she wore at the party was striking in its appearance.
- He made a sudden appearance at the meeting.
- The appearance of the new model caused a stir in the market.
- The building's exterior gave the appearance of being grand and imposing.
- Despite her calm appearance, she was really nervous inside.
Some random words: similitude, decipherable, outplay