- To pacify or soothe someone who is angry or upset.
- To make a situation or problem less severe or serious.
From the old french apaisier meaning "to pacify" or "to bring peace to".
- The government tried to appease the angry protesters by promising to address their demands.
- The word "appease" comes from the Old French apaisier meaning "to pacify" or "to bring peace to".
- He tried to appease his wife by buying her a gift.
- She tried to appease her conscience by donating to charity.
- The government tried to appease the angry mob by promising to investigate the matter.
Some random words: outlet, surveillance, missing