- Relating to an appeal or the process of appealing a legal decision.
- Relating to a court that hears appeals from lower courts.
From the latin word appellare meaning "to call" or "to appeal".
- The appellate court overturned the lower court's decision.
- The word "appellate" comes from the Latin word appellare meaning "to call" or "to appeal".
- The appellate process can be long and complex.
- The appellate court heard the case and decided to overturn the previous decision.
- The lawyer filed an appellate brief to argue his client's case.