The surgical removal of the appendix.
From the latin appendic(is) ("appendix") + -ectomy ("removal") meaning the surgical removal of the appendix.
- The patient underwent an appendectomy to remove his inflamed appendix.
- Appendectomy is the most common treatment for appendicitis.
- The appendectomy was performed through a small incision in the abdomen.
- The appendectomy was a success and the patient's recovery was uneventful.
- The appendectomy was performed laparoscopically, which resulted in a faster recovery.
Some random words: backpacker, patriarchal, corrode