A small pouch-like structure attached to the large intestine in the human body.
Derived from latin word 'appendere' meaning 'to hang'.
- The surgeon had to remove the patient's appendix due to a painful case of appendicitis.
- The appendix is a vestigial organ, meaning it has lost much of its original function over time.
- The human appendix is thought to have played a role in the digestive process of our ancestors.
- Appendicitis is a serious condition that requires prompt medical attention and treatment.
- The removal of the appendix is a common surgical procedure and is generally considered a safe and routine operation.
Some random words: yuck, impairment, muffler