A tool or device used to apply or spread a substance or material to a surface.
Derived from the latin word 'applicare' meaning 'to apply, to put to'. the term was first used in english in the early 19th century to refer to an instrument used for applying something.
- She used a foam applicator to apply the foundation to her face.
- The glue was sold with a brush applicator for easy spreading.
- The medic used an applicator to clean the wound.
- The paint applicator made it easier to reach the high walls.
- The hair dye came with a comb applicator for precise application.