- A person who has been appointed to a position, especially a government position.
- A person who has been chosen to fill a position, especially a position of responsibility or trust.
From the verb appoint, which comes from the old french word apointer, which means "to point out" or "to assign".
- The president's appointees are currently awaiting confirmation by the Senate.
- The word "appointee" comes from the verb appoint, which comes from the Old French word apointer, which means "to point out" or "to assign".
- The appointee will be responsible for managing the department.
- The company's board of directors appointed her as the CEO.
- He is one of the president's key appointees.