- To evaluate the worth or value of something, especially property or an item of art.
- To assess the quality or worth of something, especially in order to determine a fair price.
From the middle english word appræsen, which comes from the old french word apprécier which means "to value" or "to estimate".
- The real estate agent appraised the house for $500,000.
- The word "appraise" comes from the Middle English word appræsen, which comes from the Old French word apprécier which means "to value" or "to estimate".
- He appraised the painting and found it to be worth $10,000.
- The company appraised the employee's work and gave her a raise.
- The appraiser evaluated the diamond and gave it a value of $5,000.
Some random words: whether, imply, perception