- A person who drives a taxi for a living.
- A person who drives a car for hire, transporting passengers to their destinations.
From cab (a car for hire) + driver (a person who operates a vehicle).
- He was a cabdriver in New York City for over 20 years.
- The cabdriver was knowledgeable about the city and gave her a tour.
- The cabdriver was a friendly and talkative person.
- He hailed a cab and the cabdriver took him to his destination.
- Cabdrivers have an important role in the transportation industry.