- A type of succulent plant that is native to arid or semi-arid regions, characterized by its spines or thorns and its ability to store water.
- A prickly desert plant.
Derived from the greek word "kaktos" meaning "cardoon" or "thistle".
- The cactus was thriving in the hot, dry desert environment.
- The cactus was adorned with bright pink flowers.
- She carefully tended to her collection of cacti and succulents.
- The cactus was covered in needles that were painful to touch.
- The cactus was a popular ornamental plant for its unique appearance and ability to survive in harsh conditions.