- A man who behaves in a dishonorable or irresponsible way, especially toward women.
- A man who is morally or ethically suspect or lacking in integrity or respectability.
Perhaps from scottish cad, cadet ("a young gentleman; a young man of good family but without a profession"), from french cadet ("youngest son"), from gascon cadet ("younger, younger brothe.r")
- He was known as a cad for his womanizing and reckless behavior.
- He was a cad, always taking advantage of people.
- She discovered that he was a cad and broke off the relationship.
- The cad's behavior was unacceptable and he was no longer welcome in the group.
- He was a cad and a scoundrel, he had no respect for anyone but himself.