- An instrument used to measure the distance between two opposite sides of an object.
- A tool consisting of two hinged legs, used to measure the dimensions or the form of an object, such as the thickness of a sheet of metal or the diameter of a pipe.
From middle english calipere, from old french calipere, from latin caliper ("a pair of compasses"), from calx ("hee.l")
- The caliper was used to measure the thickness of the metal.
- He used the caliper to measure the diameter of the pipe.
- A caliper is an essential tool for measuring thicknesses, diameters and other dimensions.
- A vernier caliper is a measuring tool that can measure very small distances with high precision.
- Caliper can be used to measure the distance between two points on a workpiece.