A follower of the theological system of John Calvin and his successors, which emphasizes the sovereignty of God, the depravity of human nature, and the doctrine of predestination.
From the name of john calvin (1509-1564), french theologian and religious reformer, whose teachings form the basis of calvinism.
- The church was primarily made up of Calvinists.
- The theologian was a prominent Calvinist.
- The minister gave a sermon on the teachings of Calvinism.
- The Calvinist doctrine of predestination was a point of debate among the scholars.
- The Calvinist belief in the sovereignty of God is a central tenet of the faith.