- Exaggerated and theatrical in style, often to the point of being absurd or humorous.
- Having a deliberately exaggerated and theatrical style, often intended to be humorous or ironic.
The word "campy" is derived from the word "camp" which is an aesthetic style and sensibility that regards something as appealing because of its bad taste and ironic value.
- The movie had a campy, over-the-top quality that made it fun to watch.
- The play was a campy satire on Hollywood musicals.
- The drag queen's campy performance was a hit with the crowd.
- The TV show was a campy parody of old detective dramas.
- The actor's campy delivery of his lines was met with laughter from the audience.