- To decide or announce that an event or arrangement will not take place.
- To declare void; invalidate.
- To delete or mark as not to be done.
- To cross out or erase (something written or printed).
- To counteract or neutralize (something).
Middle english cancellen, from old french canceller, from latin cancellare, from cancelli bars, from canalis channel.
- The concert was cancelled due to the storm.
- The contract was cancelled because of a breach of agreement.
- He cancelled his reservation because he changed his plans.
- She cancelled the incorrect item on her shopping list.
- The vaccine can cancel out the effects of the virus.