- The act of canceling something, such as a reservation, appointment, or event.
- The process of annulling or making something void.
Late 14c., from old french cancelacion (14c.) or directly from latin cancellationem (nominative cancellatio) a crossing out, from cancellare to cancel, cross out, from cancellus latticed, dim. of cancer lattice, grating, from pie root *qanq- "to make a grid, lattice".
- The concert was cancelled due to the bad weather.
- We had to make a cancellation on our hotel reservation.
- The cancellation of the flight caused a lot of inconvenience.
- The cancellation of the event was announced on social media.
- Due to technical issues, the meeting was cancelled and rescheduled.