A variety of rapeseed plant that is grown for its seeds, which yield oil that is low in erucic acid and suitable for use as a food and as a source of industrial oil.
Canola is a contraction of canadian oil, low acid, which refers to the origin of the oilseed and its low acidity.
- Canola oil is a popular oil used in cooking and baking.
- Canola is a good crop for farmers to grow because it is resistant to many pests and diseases.
- The canola plant is a bright yellow color when it is in bloom.
- Canola seed production has increase in recent years, making it a profitable crop for farmers.
- The canola oil is extracted from the seed of the canola plant.