- A form of taxation in which a fixed amount is levied on each individual, as opposed to a percentage of income or property value.
- A fixed amount paid by an insured person to a health care provider in return for a specified set of services.
From the latin word "capitatio", meaning "tax by head".
- The new tax system was based on capitation, with every adult paying a fixed sum.
- The government imposed a capitation tax on farmers to fund the war effort.
- The capitation fee was charged to each student for the school's extracurricular activities.
- He had to pay a capitation fee to join the gym.
- The insurance plan had a capitation payment to the doctor for each visit.