A plant species in the nightshade family, Capsicum, which includes bell peppers, chili peppers, and other hot peppers.
The word "capsicum" comes from the genus name of the pepper plant. it refers to the species of plant in the nightshade family that includes bell peppers, chili peppers, and other hot peppers.
- The capsicum plants in the garden produced a variety of peppers.
- Capsicums are a rich source of Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
- The capsicum plant is native to the Americas and was brought to Europe by Christopher Columbus.
- Different types of capsicums are used in various cuisines around the world.
- The heat in capsicums is caused by the compound capsaicin.