- Relating to the heart and lungs.
- Relating to the circulatory and respiratory systems.
From late 19th century, from the greek word kardia meaning heart and pulmon meaning lung.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a life-saving technique used in emergencies.
- The patient was suffering from cardiopulmonary failure.
- The cardiopulmonary function test is used to evaluate the efficiency of the heart and lungs.
- The cardiopulmonary bypass machine is used during open-heart surgery.
- The cardiopulmonary exercise test is used to evaluate the patient's overall fitness.