- To steal a car from its driver by force or threat of violence.
- To steal a vehicle by force or by threatening the driver.
From late 20th century, from the word car + hijack ("to seize control of a vehicle by forc.e")
- The thief carjacked the woman's car at gunpoint.
- The criminal was apprehended for trying to carjack a vehicle.
- The driver was able to escape the carjacker by speeding away.
- The police are looking for the suspect who carjacked a car on the highway.
- He was sentenced to prison for carjacking and armed robbery.