A red or reddish-brown variety of chalcedony, a type of quartz, used as a gemstone.
The word 'carnelian' is derived from the latin word cornum which means 'cornelian cherry'. cornelian cherry is a red fruit that resembles the color of the mineral.
- The pendant she wore was made of carnelian and was passed down to her from her grandmother.
- The king's crown was set with carnelian, emeralds and diamonds, symbolizing his power and wealth.
- The carnelian ring was a symbol of love and passion, making it the perfect gift for his sweetheart.
- The carnelian earrings she wore sparkled in the sun, making her feel elegant and beautiful.
- The carnelian brooch was an antique piece and was highly valued by collectors for its intricate design.