Relating to the making of maps or charts.
Derived from the greek words 'carto' meaning map and 'graphein' meaning to write or draw.
- The cartographic section in the library is full of detailed maps of various regions.
- He has a keen interest in cartographic techniques and has created several maps using GIS tools.
- The cartographic representation of the city showed all the major landmarks and roads.
- She has a degree in cartographic science and works as a geospatial analyst.
- The cartographic process involved extensive research and use of satellite imagery.