- Something that has been discarded or rejected.
- Former, as in a former possession or article of clothing.
From the verb 'cast off', meaning 'to throw or discard something'.
- The dock was cluttered with castoff fishing gear and old nets.
- I found a castoff coat in the donation bin that was exactly my size.
- The boat was full of castoff equipment and rusty tools.
- Her castoff shoes were still in good condition and I couldn't resist picking them up.
- The thrift store had a great selection of castoff clothing and accessories.