- A medical condition in which the lens of the eye becomes opaque, resulting in cloudy or blurred vision.
- A large, powerful waterfall or a similar natural phenomenon.
From latin cataracta, from ancient greek κατάρακτος (katáraktos, "waterfall, cataract").
- He had surgery to remove the cataract from his eye.
- The cataract caused her vision to become blurry and cloudy.
- The Niagara Falls is a famous cataract.
- The cataract in the river was a popular spot for rafting and kayaking.
- The cataract was a spectacular sight, with the water crashing down from a great height.