A small passerine bird of the family Mimidae, known for its feline-like call, found in North America, that is mostly grey with a black crest on its head.
The word "catbird" is a combination of the words "cat" and "bird", it is used to describe a small passerine bird of the family mimidae that is known for its feline-like call.
- The catbird"s call sounds like a cat"s meow.
- The catbird is a common backyard bird.
- The catbird feeds on berries and insects.
- The catbird's nest is a well-concealed cup made of twigs and leaves.
- The catbird is a popular bird among birdwatchers.