A type of plant in the mint family, known for its fragrant leaves and attractive purple flowers that are popular with pollinators.
Derived from the old english word "cat", meaning "cat" and the latin word "mentha", meaning "mint".
- Catmint is a low-maintenance plant that is often used in herb gardens.
- The leaves of catmint have a distinctive aroma that is especially appealing to cats, hence its name.
- Catmint is often used as an ingredient in teas and other medicinal preparations.
- The delicate purple flowers of catmint are a popular choice for cut flower arrangements.
- Catmint is a hardy plant that is able to tolerate a wide range of growing conditions, making it an easy-to-grow addition to any garden.