- A narrow platform or runway, elevated above the floor of a studio, theater, or other public space, used by models to display clothing or other merchandise during a fashion show.
- A narrow walkway or bridge, typically with a guardrail, used to access or inspect an industrial or other structure.
From the catwalks in a theater, used by stagehands to move scenery, which resemble a narrow walkway for cats.
- The models were so nervous as they walked down the catwalk for the first time.
- The workers used the catwalk to inspect the bridge's support beams.
- The catwalk was so high that it gave the models a great view of the audience.
- The catwalk was built for safety and ease of access to the building's rooftop.
- The catwalk was the perfect place to get a bird's-eye view of the entire factory floor.