- A thin, transparent material made from cellulose that is used for wrapping food, as well as in art and crafts.
- A type of transparent material that is used as a wrapping or packaging material.
From french cellulose + -phane, from greek φαίνω (phainō, "i show").
- The candy was wrapped in cellophane.
- The flowers were wrapped in cellophane for protection.
- The cellophane was used to make a transparent cover for a book.
- The cellophane was used to create a decorative effect in the artwork.
- The cellophane was used to package the food, keeping it fresh.