- A person who is skilled in making ceramic objects, especially pottery.
- A person who specializes in the study or creation of ceramics.
Derived from the word 'ceramic' which in turn comes from the greek word 'keramikos' meaning 'of pottery'.
- A famous ceramicist, who creates stunning pottery, lives in our city.
- The museum has a collection of exquisite ceramics by the world's most renowned ceramicists.
- The ceramicist's skills were put to test when she was asked to create a complicated ceramic sculpture.
- The ceramicist's workshop was filled with the fragrance of clay and the sounds of spinning wheels.
- The ceramicist's showroom was filled with an array of vibrant ceramic plates, vases and other decorative objects.