- Relating to or used in ceremony; formal or grand in a way that is appropriate for special occasions.
- Of or relating to a ceremony or ceremonies.
Late 16th century, from latin caerimonia, from caerimoniae ("religious rites") + -al.
- The ceremonial dinner was a grand event, with guests dressed in their finest attire.
- The ceremonial flag was presented with great dignity and respect.
- The ceremonial sword was passed down from generation to generation.
- The ceremonial ground-breaking was a significant event for the city.
- The ceremonial parade was a grand celebration of the country's independence.