- A document or certificate that serves as proof of a particular fact or status.
- A document that serves as official proof of a certain qualification or achievement.
Shortened form of certification.
- She showed her cert to prove that she was a certified yoga instructor.
- I have a cert of completion for the course.
- The cert of authenticity for the painting was issued by the museum.
- The cert of insurance was required before the project could begin.
- The cert of inspection was needed before the building could be occupied.