- A board with 64 squares arranged in an 8x8 grid, used for playing games like chess and checkers.
- A pattern of alternating squares of two different colors, typically black and white.
From checker ("a chessman") + board ("a board used in game.s")
- He set up the checkerboard and challenged his friend to a game.
- The checkerboard pattern on the floor was confusing to the visitors.
- The dress had a checkerboard pattern on it.
- The checkerboard was a standard chess board.
- The checkerboard was a popular game board in the past.