- A tree that produces large edible nuts enclosed in a prickly bur.
- The large, usually shiny, brown nut of the chestnut tree.
From old french word "chestin" and latin word "castanea".
- The chestnut tree is a popular ornamental tree in Europe.
- I roasted some chestnuts over an open fire.
- The chestnut horse had a dark brown coat.
- The chestnut is a popular ingredient in many Mediterranean dishes.
- Chestnut trees have been affected by a fungus, which has caused a decline in chestnut production.