Easily angered, irritable, or quick to take offense; also can describe something that is easily broken or damaged.
Slang term, probably originating from the word "chip" which refers to a small piece broken off a larger piece, or a tendency to easily break or be damaged.
- She is always so chippy and it's hard to have a conversation with her.
- He's been chippy all day, you should probably avoid him.
- The paint is chippy, it needs to be repainted.
- I'm feeling chippy, better stay away from me.
- The chippy paint is a sign of neglect and poor maintenance.