A person who creates and arranges the movements, steps and patterns of a dance or performance.
From the greek word "khoros" which means dance and "graphein" which means to write.
- The choreographer was a master at creating new and innovative dance works.
- The company's resident choreographer created a new ballet for the season.
- The choreographer was able to bring the dancers' movements to life on stage.
- Choreographers often work closely with dancers, musicians, and costume designers.
- The choreographer's work was appreciated by both critics and audiences.