- Of or relating to color.
- Having or producing colors.
- In music, relating to the use of sharps or flats to produce different colors of sound.
The word "chromatic" is derived from the greek word "chroma" meaning color. it is first recorded in english in the 16th century.
- The painting had a vibrant chromatic palette.
- A chromatic scale is a musical scale with twelve pitches, each a semitone above or below its adjacent pitches.
- The chromatic scale is used in many different types of music.
- The chromatic harmonica is a type of harmonica that can play any key.
- The chromatic aberration in a lens can cause fringing or a loss of sharpness in an image.