- A metallic element with the symbol Cr and atomic number 24, used in making stainless steel and other alloys.
- A hard, shiny, silver-gray metal that is highly resistant to corrosion and tarnishing.
From the french word "chrome" which is derived from the greek word "chroma" which means color.
- The car's chrome bumper gleamed in the sunlight.
- The chrome plating on the fenders of the car was badly rusted.
- Chrome is also used in electroplating to give objects a shiny surface.
- The chrome alloy is used to make surgical instruments and other tools.
- Chrome is a highly reflective metal and is used to make mirrors.