- A threadlike structure of nucleic acids and protein found in the nucleus of most living cells, carrying genetic information in the form of genes.
- A structure in the cell that contains genetic material in the form of DNA and protein.
From greek words "chroma" meaning "color" and "soma" meaning "body".
- Humans have 46 chromosomes in each cell.
- Chromosomes come in pairs, with one copy inherited from each parent.
- The geneticist studied the chromosome of the plant.
- The extra chromosome causes Down Syndrome.
- Chromosomes are visible under a microscope during cell division.