- Relating to or resembling a church or church-related activities.
- Having a strong affiliation with the church or religious institutions.
From church, influenced by the surname church.
- The choir gave a churchy rendition of the old hymn.
- The new design for the church was very churchy with its stained glass windows and tall spire.
- She had a churchy upbringing and was active in her local church community.
- The churchy atmosphere was comforting and provided a sense of community.
- The churchy traditions were an important part of the family's history.