Going around a lot of twists and turns; not straightforward; roundabout.
The word "circuitous" comes from the latin word "circuire" meaning to go around. it was first recorded in english in the early 17th century.
- The circuitous route through the mountains added several hours to the trip.
- The circuitous path to the summit was difficult and treacherous.
- The circuitous argument failed to convince the jury.
- He took a circuitous route to get to the point.
- The company's growth strategy was circuitous, as it went through several different directions.