Relating to or affecting the whole of a city.
Compound word made up of 'city' and 'wide'. 'city' means 'a large town' and 'wide' means 'extending over a large area or distance'.
- The citywide curfew was implemented to control the spread of the virus.
- The citywide festival attracted thousands of visitors to the city.
- The citywide power outage lasted several hours, causing widespread inconvenience.
- The citywide survey revealed a high level of satisfaction among residents.
- The citywide ban on single-use plastic bags was introduced to reduce plastic waste.