- To remove impurities, dirt, or unwanted elements from something.
- To purify or free from guilt or blame.
- To free or rid of something harmful, unpleasant, or undesirable.
Derived from the old french word 'net', meaning 'clean, clear, bright' and the latin word 'nettus', meaning 'clean, pure'.
- She cleansed her face with a gentle, fragrance-free soap.
- The town was cleansed of all corruption after the new mayor took office.
- He cleansed his soul by confessing his sins to a priest.
- The water was cleansed of any harmful chemicals before it was released into the river.
- She cleansed her body with a strict diet and exercise regimen.